View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
FWIW, I didn't think anyone's comments/questions have been demanding or rude. I'm just sorry I couldn't get to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post

1) Will we see more options added to the Kobo settings beyond fonts as per earlier requests?
I'm sure we will, but we will approach each feature on a case by case basis. I think we have a great track record in providing options and choice to our customers. There are many factors that go into deciding whether we make certain things configurable or not, including how we represent the choice in the UI, is there space enough, and whether it makes sense for all our customer base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
2) Does the Home screen still replace the books you are reading with newly added books, requiring you to hunt in the library to find the book you were currently reading if more that 4 new books are added? I've noticed this still happening with 2.1.1.
Yes it does. I think Mtn_man mentioned this, but this is done so that when you have just purchased a book, you have immediate access to it from the home screen.

Quote:
3) Are the new Kobos still fragile in regards to the screen, in other words do they still have a breakable glass substrate?
The screens use a glass substrate yes, but there is much more than just the screen that determines the fragility of the device. There is mechanical and material engineering that goes into mitigating the natural fragility of the screen for example. These new devices are as robust as the Kobo Touch is.

That said, the front light technology that we use for Kobo Glo is more resilient than some other tech that is in the market today. That is to say, if the device is in your purse or bag and is coming into regular contact with, oh I don't know.. say keys for example the front light will likely not suffer catastrophic failure such as we have seen with some competitors.

In general, as with any handheld electronic device, if you are concerned that a device may get damaged in your specific usage scenarios, then I would encourage you to look at options for protective cases:
http://www.kobo.com/accessories.html

Quote:
4) Has the response to the touch screen improved? It looks like it reacts better than my KT does now. I figure either the respose has been improved or that Sameer's fingers are smaller than mine and the screen responds better because of that. If it's smaller fingers then I will have to start bringing my stylus with me.
I'll have to look into what issues you are having with the Kobo Touch device. I can say that based on our testing the Touch performs very well on the Kobo Glo.

Quote:
5) Does the black bar only appear when the glow light is on? I'm assuming it does from the video. I'm not sure I like that the bar is black, is there a setting to reverse it, white bar/black text?
Yes. At certain settings at certain times of the day, you cannot tell that the light is on. The light indicator bar is there so that there is no mistaking that the light is on and unnecessarily draining your battery. We're looking at offering a setting to not use it.

Last edited by SameerH; 09-14-2012 at 06:02 PM.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote