View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Its a gorgeous animated effect. I guess the question for me is:
1) does it affect battery life? I turn a lot of pages
2) does the speed (or lack thereof) just end up making me turn it off after a while.

For the record, I do use Stanza's page turn animation now, but set at a pretty quick speed, because I read pretty fast. I used to use just the slide page turn, which is faster, but I do like a bit of eye-candy with my reading experience, it just makes the whole experience more enjoyable to me. But I know a lot of people just want to read without the distractions

Looking forward to your eBook reader app-can always have one more

What I want in an iPhone reader:
1) Full ePub support

2) Multiple page turn options-for example, I have Stanza set to turn pages forward on BOTH edges of the screen, because I rarely go backwards, and I can switch hands while reading while still operating it with one hand. I don't mind using the slower "swipe" if I have to go backwards (and as a usability issue-we did research that showed that most people barely used the page back button when they read-I don't remember the percentage, but it was pretty significant)

3) Well, actually, if you nail those two features down, I'm pretty content
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote