View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 02:19 AM   #4
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Uh-ohh. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's a very strange error...
Yes, it is. And it turns out that I am the very strange man who caused it.

In addition to my Debian 8 install, I've been testing out the latest Linux Mint and MX-Linux versions. I routinely symlink my data partitions into my /home/silverbear directories so I have access to all my data no matter what distro I'm running.

APPARENTLY I got the not-so-bright idea to do the same with my install of calibre 2.46 as a time-saving experiment. . .
. . . and then forgot I'd done it.

Lesson: do not modify the OS late at night when you have an insomnia attack!

I'm sorry for wasting your time, gentlemen. Symlink has been rm'd and calibre 2.48 is nicely installed in /opt with no problems.
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote