View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 11:35 PM   #1
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
solved --update error in Debian 8 Linux

Hi, all.
And @ Kovid: Hope your vacation was wonderful!

I've encountered the same error message twice --a few weeks ago when trying to update from Calibre 2.46 to 2.47 --and today, trying to update 2.46 to 2.48.

I run the DL/install command --cut & paste from the calibre website. The download completes, and as the installation starts to run, it terminates with these messages:
Quote:
. . .
Downloaded 62233416 bytes
Checking downloaded file integrity...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "<string>", line 670, in main
File "<string>", line 655, in run_installer
File "<string>", line 631, in download_and_extract
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 232, in rmtree
onerror(os.path.islink, path, sys.exc_info())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 230, in rmtree
raise OSError("Cannot call rmtree on a symbolic link")
OSError: Cannot call rmtree on a symbolic link
. . . and the process terminates.

I've been running Calibre on this desktop machine under a few different Linux distros over the last four years with no trouble. I've had Debian 8 ("Jessie") installed & calibre has been happy since June 2015. Does anyone have advice on how to work around this problem?

Last edited by SilverBear; 01-03-2016 at 01:22 AM. Reason: solved
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote