View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:09 AM   #7
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Ah but which libraries have which books?
Good question.

A lot of those scanned are at the University of Michigan. Here are their interlibrary loan fees:

https://www.lib.umich.edu/interlibra...ther-libraries

I think that my local public library is in the tranche having to pay $20 plus their return mailing postage. Maybe they will absorb the cost for me, but I don't want to hurt their budget, and that's one reason I hardly ever ask for an interlibrary loan.

While Google's prices would have varied, it usually would have been less (or always, since if the eBook is $20, I just won't buy it). And with interlibrary loan, unlike the proposed Google scheme, authors and their estates receive nothing.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote