View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
In most word processors shift+enter is a soft line break. In HTML this is often translated at a <br/>.
I wasn't ware of that. But it's very not surprising. I don't use a lot of "word processor" features (in any application).

In my quick experimentation with this, I've used the following code:
Code:
<body>
<p>hello1</p>
<div>hello2</div>
<blockquote>hello3</blockquote>
</body>
If I switch to Book View and use Shift + Enter with the cursor before each word, I get the following result:
Code:
<body>
<p><br/>hello1</p>
<div><br/>hello2</div>
<blockquote><br/>hello3</blockquote>
</body>
If I use Shift + Enter with the cursor after the words, I get:
Code:
<body>
<p>hello1<br/><br/></p>
<div>hello2<br/><br/></div>
<blockquote>hello3<br/><br/></blockquote>
</body>
Not sure why it doubles the br when the cursor is after the word in Book View, but it doesn't seem to affect rendering. Either way, the result with Shift + Enter seems to be consistent, at least.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote