View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Replacing Aluratek Libre Pro Screen Backing?

i got the aluratek libre pro second hand from ebay for £20 just to see what it is like and do not like the dark green backing used for the LCD display as it results in poor contrast with the black letters.

i was wandering if i should dismantle it and replace the hideous green backing with a sheet of white paper cut to the right size as this would improve contrast as a black on white is much better contrast then black on dark green contrast.

i have seen various gadgets like gimmicky clocks with LCD screens which have no backing and are transparent see through so i was wandering if i should take this reader apart and replace the lcd backing with white cardboard or paper to improve contrast.

i have taken the back panel off already and it has a huge sized 2800 mAh battery in it. Same size as the bulge at the back.

i wander why they used a such a huge size battery when most batteries are 1/2 the size for 2800 mAh.

I have not removed the circuit board as it has quite a few screws to undo and i thought i would ask you for your opinion first on replacing the green lcd backing.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote