View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
[Solved] Problem with opening Pocket Pro as removable drive in Windows 7 x64

I just got my PP but after about 6 attempts so far, I still cannot access the device's storage when I have it connected to my PC. Half the time Windows tells me it performed a "failed operation". Once it's told me it that the USB connection to the device failed. And every time I double-click the removable disk in My Computer, my system hangs as it tries to read from the device and then gives me the message "Please insert a disk". After like 10 minutes, it'll give me some fail message or I give up and yank the USB cable.

I assume this is not normal? Are there known issues with Windows 7 64 bit?

Edit: Great...now Windows tells me I need to format the device before I can use it. Starting to feel like one of my former bad USB flash drives.

Edit 2: Looks like it finally worked after 15 tries. I switched to the included cable (was using a old cable) and switch USB ports. *big sigh of relief*

Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 01-21-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote