View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #21
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bailey View Post
It depends on how the books are stored I would imagine. I hardly use bit torrent myself, so don't have much experience.

If they are just a torrent file that points to a big archive file, you may not be able to pick what you download, but with Linux distros I torrent at least, there is the option of looking inside a directory that contains all the downloadable files, and picking the ones you want.

It would I imagine, make sense from a bandwidth angle, to allow people to get only the stuff they want instead of everything like it or not.

And knowing the illegal torrent community, there is more than likely someone with the collected works of every major author in a given genre in one huge carefully sorted multi format torrent download.
Project Gutenberg Collection is given in one huge ISO file.
The LRF converted version of it, is in a unique giant rar file.

Pirate torrents (SF mostly) are given the same way.
Like music discographies.
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote