View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
DJPixel
DJPixel began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
?s on annotations/notes

OK, I've been waiting in pins and needles for the 700 to come out and while a little cautious now regarding the screen contrast issues.

My main interest in the device is for using it as a reference tool - loading lots of pdf manuals etc. that I often need to reference and this will be an ideal device for it.

I want the 700 for the search and highlight functions but especially for the notes/annotations. Here's my questions though:

1. How long of an annotation/note can you enter? Is it limited to a number of characters or the amount of memory?

2. Where does it store the annotation? Does it attach it to the file itself as meta-data or something or does it go to a memory card? While I don't expect I'll move books on and off given its capacity it would be nice if the notes and highlighting 'stick' with the file itself.

Is there a manual on-line anywhere?

EDIT - does no one know the answer to these questions? I can't find any specifics on the Sony site on these two questions. Can someone please take a quick look in their manual and comment please?

DJPixel

Last edited by DJPixel; 11-17-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Still waiting for responses
DJPixel is offline   Reply With Quote