View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #202
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I'm currently listening to Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. Great story, I'm a sucker for books about books. It's from my public library and I started it the day before he died.

Prior to that I listened to Baltimore Blues by Laura Lippman, the first of the Tess Monaghan PI series, also from the library. Flawed detectives are interesting, naive and passionless ones are not. Tess had the emotional range of a wet dishrag. I'll take a pass on the rest of this series.

Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith (from Audible) was not quite as good a story as the first Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency, but it would be hard to match the wonder of that first book. The narrator's soothing voice transports me to Africa and listening to these is a holiday for my mind. Morality for Beautiful Girls is waiting for me on my iPod Touch for the next time I need a getaway.

Others from Audible I've listened to in the past month: Way Station by Clifford D. Simak, old timey sci fi; Hard Rain by Barry Eisler, the Japanese setting for this hitman series was fascinating and I enjoyed it enough to put the next two in the series on my library wishlist and buy the one after that at an Audible sale a few weeks ago; Grave Peril by Jim Butcher, 3rd in the fun and escapist Dresden Files series, I'm alternating reading one book and listening to one book in this series; Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, I enjoyed this fanciful journey to London Below and commented on it the bookclub thread.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote