View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #391
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post
You're not helping yourself. He very distinctly said that he doesn't care about updates to the Galaxy Player. And he very distinctly said why. If you can't see that he views a media player like his Galaxy Player to be a very different type of device from a prospective tablet (as do I, for exactly the same reasons), then this is really a pointless discussion.
It's a very generous interpretation, but unfortunately a false one, though he is happy to have have fooled you into arguing it for him. Meanwhile, I'm just happily teasing out the contradictions in his arguments. Case in point: earlier in the thread, he writes, "[The iPad mini and the iPod touch] have weaker specs and features compared to their older siblings, the iPad and iPhone respectively. It's Apple's way to force you to upgrade if specs and features matter to you." Apple is money-grubbing and extortionate, of course. But once the conversation turns to his own media player, which by his admission is "gimped compared to its contemporary smartphone cousins," there is mysteriously no mention of Samsung's motivations for doing so. Nor when Samsung refuses to update the OS after two years are they chastised; instead, everything is explained and justified away. Oh, he didn't really need those things anyway, so it doesn't matter. Too bad for anyone else who did, though. If sure if I bothered to look outside this thread I could find dozens of instances of hypocrisy like the above. Would be amusing—if not very worthwhile—to put together a dossier, as he put it.

These apply whether we're discussing OS updates or absent features. Always a double standard. Not very hard to spot when you look for it.
Quote:
The only thing I use my iPod Touch for is music. And, very rarely, as a web surfing device of last resort. If it never gets another update during its lifespan, I don't care. The same is not true of my iPad; I read books, I surf the web extensively, I email, I watch movies, etc. I believe I speak for the simian (correct me if I'm wrong), when I say that, as I do, he views them as different classes of device. And the media player does not need and probably would not benefit from (considering his use) an update.
Considering one of the principal criticisms of Android prior to Jelly Bean was that it stuttered and lagged while changing screens, any individual and device could benefit from an update, regardless of use.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote