View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
llreader
Mesmerist
llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 Silver. Much nicer than I expected.
sebastienbillard: I can't remember if I used curl or wget, but I am pretty sure it was wget (an older program). I did this from the Mac - wget isn't included in Windows, but you can get it a number of ways (all of which are a bit complicated). Then I imported the top index page of the local website into calibre, and it created a zip file for the whole website, which I then converted to ePUB. It isn't great, but it works. I might not be remembering the details correctly. Try it and let me know if you run into problems.

lilpretender: Hmm. Can your reader handle something other than LRF? BBeB maybe, or RTF? I am not sure how a reader would handle HTML locally - if it could link from one document to another via a hyperlink. It seems like you would have to convert it into a single page or some other single-document format.

It would be good to hear from someone with a reader that supports HTML, because it isn't clear to me how that would work.
llreader is offline   Reply With Quote