View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Thanks for the link, I will study it at a more suitable time of day than 2am. As Anna suggests, I think a lot of the problem stems from some sort of self-consciousness. It's hard to step back that far from your own work after being so involved in the depths of it for so long.
That's just what I was thinking. When she was writing about what other people have done she no doubt from her objective position was able to decide what points to put emphasis on but self-examination is often much harder. We can often see what is good or bad about others a lot easier than we can about ourselves and that includes our own work. It also occurs to me that the 4 steps they mention in the article can probably be useful in coming up with the plot idea to start with. You have to know how the story starts, how it ends and have an idea what problems will come up. And how you want the story to be taken emotionally is also important. You don't want readers to laugh at a romance or tragic story for example.

Last edited by crich70; 01-10-2014 at 05:44 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote