View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 AM   #63
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I still have books I bought as a teenager. I reread a lot. If I wanted to reread them I would have to be careful since the bindings tend to fail over time and the pages get very fragile. Rereading eBooks on the other hand never give me any problems. I will stick to eBooks. The only time I can think of that would require me to read a paper book would be if I get called to jury duty again. The local courts do not allow eBooks, of any sort, in the courtrooms.
Apache
Hum, last time I was called to jury duty I carried my iPhone, my iPad, a mophie battery, an eBook reader and assorted wires (plus water and snacks). No problems at all. Of course, once you actually get into the courtrooms then you are suppose to be focused on the trial.

Like you I have books from when I was a teenager. I still have some of my early paperbacks that cost 60 cents when I bought them brand new. The only paper books that I actually read these days are books that aren't available as ebooks and those rarely. Most of the ones that I read in paper are somewhat obscure specialized non fiction.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote