View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I tried to load a HTML file in Sigil, coded in Windows-1252 with an em dash in it, and there were no problems. The emdash showed as such in Sigil. I checked with a hex editor that the em dash was really coded in windows-1252 (hex 97). I saved it to epub, and Sigil had converted the whole thing to utf-8. The em dash shows perfect in ADE. This is on Mac OS X, so that may be a difference. However, I would suggest to check thoroughly if your HTML file is correct (for example does it really use the Windows-1252 code for the me dash, and does it not state two conflicting encodings). But I also advice, as others have posted above, to use utf-8 for all your files. It is a much better encoding.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote