View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
8bit
8bit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Headless Calibre on Linux VPS

I'm looking for a current HowTo for installing and running Calibre-server on a Linux VPS CLI only setup.

I have Calibre installed using the code here.

I read through this HowTo but she appears to be using a GUI with her Linux distro here.

I found the following thread here but is a bit dated and one of the links is broken and it's almost a decade old.

----

I have Calibre installed via the Linux install instructions. My goal is to have Calibre running with the web interface at 8080, configured to point to a specific folder for new ebooks to import (I think I have the correct command here as an example) so any books I upload will automatically be imported via a cron job on my CLI Linux VPS and of course access the web interface remotely.

What I'm confused about are the commands to:

1. Configure a non-standard user to use with calibre (would separate user accounts allow for separating books by user??)

2. Running Calibre-server so that it runs on port 8080 and pointing to the correct folder to allow for importing of newly added ebooks.

3. Database syntax - not sure I fully understand the why not the how to accomplish this.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

8bit
8bit is offline   Reply With Quote