View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #70
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
The cover with the bloody guy on the bed, because it's dark yet vividly coloured, reminds me of pulp fiction or film noir. The similar version without any blood makes it seem like there'll be more sex or romance in the book since it's a presumably naked good-looking man in bed with no blood to make one think anything is amiss. The cover with only the sun and title reminds me of the 1970's, and also would make me think it's a horror book. Both versions look nice and professional though. The only questionable thing to me was the typography of the tagline when it was in the middle but the version with the tagline on top looks good.

I do like the guy in the bed but if you add it back in, I'd add a touch of blood or else something to give that idea of prior violence without making him seem dead.
Thanks sun surfer. You're right. This cover has been a delicate balance. Yeah, too much blood and he looks dead. No blood and he looks asleep. And the woman screaming does say 'horror' but she won't be visible as a thumbnail and also the yellow moderates the 'horror' vibe. I don't know, there's always something that could be better, but I'm pretty satisfied with the latest.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote