View Single Post
Old 12-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkilbeeg
And PDF is my first *practical* choice for books on the Sony. *I* have control over font size -- no, it doesn't allow me to change them on the fly too well, but I don't care, since I chose the initial size in the first place. Yes, the Sony does a really bad job with serif fonts, so I use sans serif. I can include images and they work. I get a working table of contents. I get typeset quality layout. Page turns don't seem to take any longer than those of the LRF files I get from manybooks.

LRF might be better if I could find some LRF generating tools that I could make work, but so far I've had no luck with that.

RTF is inherently limited -- table of contents is not supported. I'll use it if I can find no alternative, but really, with a little effort I can turn rtf to good PDF.

Text has nothing going for it other than its universality and the ability to easily adjust font size. Since I can trivially turn text into typeset PDF (and with a little more effort, TOC), there's no point.
I agree on all your points, that's exactly why we generate PDFs with feedbooks... LRF sounds like the only alternative IF we had some tools for it (latex2lrf anyone ?).
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote