View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
Angry Error message : "Invalid Format" " Do you want to format your internal memory"

Yesterday,my laptop hard drive died.Today I decided I would try to set my reader up with a netbook I bought about a week ago,as a good interim solution for easily getting stuff onto the reader (from the sony store etc)-after being on the phone with sony earlier today,everything seemed fine. So,this evening...I got that error when I turned the reader on to read-got on with Sony (for the second time in as many days at least..or wait is it third). The support guy wasn't so good,and as I feared,I had to format the internal memory- I did have *some* stuff on the memory card,but there are about a hundred or so lost items,I have to figure out if its books,or feeds from feedbooks or what....I think my Sony Reader software somehow does not play nice with my Acer netbook....and where's the backup of the books I had on the device..amongst the lost data I could not back up from my laptop before the HD died...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!! I love how the support person kept asking if I had the books on my HD-he was NOT understanding that literally my HD died YESTERDAY and I was trying to get things working on a new-ish machine.....

Has anyone ever had this happen before ? Since I've owned my readers,I've been through a few computers NEVER had this happen before...

*sigh* and to think its been a LONG day without this added on top....
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote