View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 12:53 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
The guide you used is out of date. See for the most resent versions of calibre.

Creating a service for the calibre server on a modern Linux system

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeter82 View Post
Hi there,

I've just installed Calibre server on Ubuntu 16.04 following this guide:

https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-14-04

I grabbed the download link from calibre's documnetation yesterday. I installed calibre in a custom location, not in the home folder, but the linux user has permission to that folder. I'm also behind nginx on a separate vhost, reaching calibre with proxy_pass on a custom port.

I have 2 issues:

ISSUE #1

When I look up calibre in the web browser I get this:
Please see installed.png attachment
[IMG]installed.png[/IMG]

However, I should see something like this:
Please see normal.png attachment
[IMG]normal.png[/IMG]

I can only list the books, and search among them, but can't add categories for example. It's like most of the functionalities are missing.

ISSUE #2

When i click on a book (epub), then read, I get various errors, like:

Cannot read file from book:
Could not open Teach Yourself Data Structures And Algorithms In 24 hours. undefined This usually means the cache is close to full. Clear the browser cache from the browser settings.

I cleared the cache, still having the same problem.

Or I can see the bar downloading the book, but then get a blank white screen.

Please help me with this,
Peter
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote