View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #31
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I'd probably be OK with doing this, but I'd want it clear that no comments should be made until the author requested them. In the early stages this would be a valuable insight into what the author was doing, but I know I feel very vulnerable about what's written until I get the story to a point where I'm happy that it's a coherent 'first draft'.

I've also learned my lesson... don't show said first draft to significant other until at least the next day. It's very painful to have the glow of achieving that completed draft shattered by critical comment before you've even slept on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Me too. I'm reluctant to talk about it before it's done.
We can do two things:

1: Post a story in progress, using a version number:

- My Short Story - 0.1.doc
- My Short Story - 0.2.doc

You may read and watch the writing process, but keep your mouth shut until version 1.0.

2: Agree on a specific post date, which is the very last date at which people can post their final stories (= done, but not critiqued and not edited yet).

I'm fine either way.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote