View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
Zel
Zealot
Zel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360° + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
You used pingyin-transcription for you file names, does that mean it doesn't contain any Chinese word in the file name, just letters?

I guess in "Current books". It list the title of the book, rather than the file names.
Did you install Chinese fonts? I believe you can change the fonts in the Menu interface as well. Perhaps you need to change it to a chinese font to see the chinese titles?

Are you using fbreader or the adobe reader to read your file?

Again, I don't own a PB360 yet. I am just guessing based on what I know about the device so far.
no, the file name (author and title) in Calibre is written in chinese characters (國字), but in my pocketbook folder it is (automatically) written in pinyin - donno why.
I guess you're right concerning the title in the "current books" section..

I installed severall chinese fonts and used them in the fb-reader and in the pdf-viewr (it doesn't work with the adobe-reader: there are just question marks..).
When I use a chinese font for the whole menu, the folder of my chinese books are still written in pinyin, but now the title in the "current books"section is (correctly) written in characters and the title in the status bar (while I'm reading) is also written in characters, not in letters or boxes

attached you'll find two pictures how it looks on my PB.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0003.bmp (234.5 KB, 402 views)
File Type: bmp scr0004.bmp (234.5 KB, 362 views)
Zel is offline   Reply With Quote