View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've been using my Touch for about 1,5 years and thought about getting a Glo because I often read in low-light conditions or in the dark. But then there was not enough that was different to make me upgrade. Also, the light was too bright.

When I first read about the Aura I know I needed to get one. And I am really happy with it.

The sharpness of the screen allows to read a much smaller font so there is much more text on the screen than on my Touch (when I compared on chapter of the same book using fonts that where comfortable to read: 75 pages on the Touch, 48 on the Aura). It also looks better because it's sharper.

I like the even and warm light (though I have some smudges, but they are not visible in normal reading conditions). The screen is lighter than on my Touch even without the glow on. Much easier to read in low light conditions.

Also I am now able to read manga on my Aura as well as some PDF (which highly depends on the quality of the file) without having to zoom or scroll. I have tried that on my Touch but it was frustrating.

Page turns are faster, books are opened faster, from power off to homescreen is only about 18 seconds...

The homescreen is great. I like that I can have easy acces to more books and also extras, shelves etc. and that the book I am currently reading is not bumped off the screen if I add new books.

There are some extra games which are also nice.

I thought I'd dislike the plastic but it's actually rather nice. It's smooth and easy to clean. What I don't like that much is the corners. They are not as rounded as those of the Touch. And the way I sometimes hold my reader they tend to dug into my hand. Not good. But the back makes it good to hold with two hands.

All in all I am very happy and think that the money was well spent.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote