View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
hapax legomenon
Erotica Writer
hapax legomenon doesn't litterhapax legomenon doesn't litter

Device: ipad, Sony Reader PRS 505, Cybook 3
using graphics for links in eink devices (nook, etc)

I'm wondering.

If images had hyperlinks attached to them, could you jump through the images and click the button on the graphic you want?

I suppose eink devices don't support a:hover pseudoclass (or do they?). Maybe there is some way that the e-ink device highlights the hyperlink portion of the viewport. I seem to remember that the Sony PRS 505 did that; you would see where the cursor was currently "at".

I only have PRS 505 for testing, and I might be able to email an epub file to a friend to test it. I realize that having a place to indicate the cursor for a hyperlink in an eink page would be primitive at best.

But I'm thinking more about highend ebook applications and even touch screen devices like the ipad where touching a graphic would be a LOT easier than navigating through text links (which is always too small for my thumb anyway).

I'm mainly interested to know if I put some sort of graphical links on a certain page that the person reading the e-ink device could still access those links (even though admittedly it wouldn't be that user-friendly).

Any thoughts? Thanks...
hapax legomenon is offline   Reply With Quote