View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #39
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
dsmid already suggested to boot diags, but I'm not sure if that applies to the KPW. You should really edit your Device entry in your user signature...

That said, I know that knc1 said otherwise in the other thread, but option "3. Load MMC0 over USB storage" sounds like it would export the full device including all partitions, allowing you to edit files on the /var partitions (from a Linux system, I guess). Maybe knc1 can comment why he thought that it would not be wise to chose that. Does it something different? Out of interest, what does option "q" trigger for you?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote