View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Day The Forum Died: Rest in Peace

As a PocketPro owner it saddens me to see a Forum die, but that is apparently what has happened.

I've "retired" my PocketPro from active use - mainly because there is no longer any sense of community here, which is a valuable asset to owning any ebook Reader where one can participate in varied discussions about the joys and challenges of owning a new piece of technology.

There are no new reports from jenifer, either; in fact, one can legitimately question whether or not she is still employed by Astak. ("Hello, Jenifer: How are you today?" There is no friendly return, no gasp, no echo.)

The PocketPro has been superseded by better Readers from different companies, one of which is my PocketBook 360. It has taken over the versatile chores that my PocketPro used to do.

Most of us have now gone away, the playground empty, the swings rusted.

Maybe we just grew up.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote