View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
I'd rather see national libraries (w/o any need to make profit) scanning books then Google (wrt profit).
Even if this means there are fewer books scanned and they are of a lower quality as roger64 described?

Of course Google is scanning books to make a profit but that is what will incentivise them to provide large numbers of high quality books. Just like profit motivates them to provide me with my search engine, email, home page, RSS aggegator, maps and a host of other great products.

Let me ask you, what will motivate the national libraries to provide a better service than Google?
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote