View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
cmw0829
cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cmw0829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 or Nook HD

Hi everybody - so happy to have found this forum. And hoping you can advise me.

I've borrowed a Nook HD for inspection and finding it oh-so closed down. But I love it for borrowing library books as I can sideload them from my PC and use them with the Nook reader, which I like much better than the Overdrive reader.

It seems that the Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 are more open devices primarily for downloads but I cant seem to put a finger on the reading aspect, which was why I started this hunt in the first place. But I'm liking the other uses it would offer.

So, my questions are the following:

Are there downloadable readers (or built in for that matter) that provide a Nook-like experience - font adjustment, text size, margins, backgrounds, search functions and smooth, fast page turns? I found Bluefire which has a download for Android and have seen others mentioned in the forums.

As well, when I borrow library books, I download to Adobe Digital Editions and then copy the epub file from my PC to the Nook. Can the Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy handle this as well?

And then the expandable memory of the Samsung - I'm not a big buyer of books, movies, etc. but would be likely to download apps. I have two to three library books on a device at a time. Based on this usage, would 32 gb non-expandable be sufficient? I like the Nexus 7 better than the Samsung but the space limitation is concerning.

Many thanks in advance - and apologies for the long post.
Cathy
cmw0829 is offline   Reply With Quote