View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:41 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaydigger View Post
Help! For some reason I cannot sort/display my books by surname on my Kindle 3 -- instead they are sorted by first name.
Using author_sort is the default in the device interface plugin. Since your books are listed by first name on your device I'm guessing you have been filling in the author field with Last Name, First Name in the calibre library? This means by default your author sort is exactly backwards from what you expect.

Go to the tag browser, right click on authors and select manage authors to see what is actually in your author_sort field.

By default calibre expects First Name Last Name in the author field and reverses this in the author_sort field.

Chaley has explained the fine points if, like him, you want the author and author sort fields the same.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote