View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
okay, well i'm getting crankier by the minute, but the client may actually be innocent (hold fire until i confirm, patricia). it's not the drive (necessarily...) that's malfunctioning. it's the ports. ALL of the ports. now none of my usb drives are recognized, including my 500go external backup drive. i've rebooted twice now (you never know...), no change. farking windows. i remember having a problem like this after re-installing my system once. i don't remember how i fixed it but i remember it took me days of trawling through forums and trying many many obscure "fixes" that weren't. i think i bookmarked the one that actually worked though. i hope.

i'm upgrading my computer this week and it looks like it's just in time (maybe even a few days too late).

This happened to me 2 months ago. By any chance, did you happen to download Windows update "service pack 3" lately? This is such an awful one out there that MS is giving free unlimited tech help. I spent 11 (ELEVEN!!) hrs on the phone with Microsoft before they recommended reformatting the hard drive and gave up. Reformatting just made things worse, and none of the USB ports ever came back to life. Completely ruined the machine. I'm gonna do to it what Ricky is doing to a bunch of hers, or else take it out into the woods and blast it full of holes. The computer itself is OK, unless you want to connect something via USB.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote