View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
okay, well i'm getting crankier by the minute, but the client may actually be innocent (hold fire until i confirm, patricia). it's not the drive (necessarily...) that's malfunctioning. it's the ports. ALL of the ports. now none of my usb drives are recognized, including my 500go external backup drive. i've rebooted twice now (you never know...), no change. farking windows. i remember having a problem like this after re-installing my system once. i don't remember how i fixed it but i remember it took me days of trawling through forums and trying many many obscure "fixes" that weren't. i think i bookmarked the one that actually worked though. i hope.

i'm upgrading my computer this week and it looks like it's just in time (maybe even a few days too late).
Zeep, try going to the website of the company that makes the computer. They may have USB drivers that you can specifically download and reinstall. Sometimes a driver becomes corrupted .... it happens.

If it is just a gorked driver, that's usually a pretty easy fix.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote