View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiesong View Post
hi, i am a newbie. recently i read an article that said that e-books were unsecured and at a future date that they may be removed from our devices via the internet in a possible 1984 scenario way - anyone know if i put them all in calibre and remove kindle for PC will this prevent any removal of my e-books? thanks
No, this doesn't help. There's nothing to be done to prevent that your books will be deleted from your device via the internet!
This is simply a very short sighted statement. It is very easy to prevent books you purchased from being removed from virtually all devices and even easier to ensure you will always have a working copy of the book you purchased.

The OPs device is a computer. If (s)he moves the books into calibre they will not be deleted by Kindle 4 PC. However since they will still be infested with DRM they won't be readable either. If on the other hand (s)he removed the drm and put the books in calibre there is no way they would be vulnerable to external removal and the books could be read in various applications or devices.

Details of DRM removal aren't something we can discuss on this forum, but over on Apprentice Alf's blog the details and help are easy to find.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-06-2012 at 04:42 AM. Reason: sp
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote