View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Google doesn't do anything with their ecosystem. The android marketplace is like a flea market. You never no what you get. Amazon at least has some quality control with their apps. They are also ensuring the apps are consistent and work for their device. I think that's great.
Is that true? I'm not a developer for the Amazon marketplace, but I'm somewhat surprised they have reached the number of applications they have through careful quality control, dictating development guidelines for consistency, and testing. It seems to me like the applications released to the Amazon App store were the same as those previously available in the Google Marketplace.

B&N on the other hand does not offer an emulator for their device, and, if rumors are true, generally won't accept an application that hasn't been tested on one of their controlled test units. This is one factor that seems to be keeping the number of available Nook applications down, but I wouldn't go so far as to claim that B&N is spending the money for careful quality control, either.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote