View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
It's definitely unobtrusive. So unobtrusive I missed it to begin with.

I do like it as it doesn't impinge on the reading experience, just took me a while to realise it was there. Now I've found it, it's fine.
Okay great . Btw., for me you don't look stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Good for tracking the progress in the chapter, just like what Aldiko used to use before they upgraded to v2.0.

Is there also the possibility of having a book progress as well, preferably as unobtrusive as the chapter progress bar?

I know I'm being greedy and wanting both, but I think it's good to have it as well.
I knew that people would ask for this .

The problem with the book progress is, that an ePub file normally consists of several xhtml files, often one file per chapter. When you read e.g. chapter 1, EPUBReader opens the appropriate xhtml file for this chapter and just knows about the reading progress in this file. It doesn't know anything about the other files.
To have something like a book progress, it would be necessary to analyze the contents of ALL xhtml files and make a guess about the progress. Of course this can be done and I guess this is what Aldiko does, but it's pretty complex to implement and it takes also some time at runtime to analyze the files.

I put this on the change list, but I'm not sure if and when this will be available.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote