View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Moving from a Sony Touch to the Kindle 3 - questions and anything I should know

Hi

I have caved today and ordered the Kindle 3. I like the idea of it being lighter, easier to read with the better screen, and larger storage space.

I currently use a Sony Touch and a Sony PRS505 (I could never get the SD card option to work with either of them). I use Calibre to load my books onto my Sony devices.

Most of my books are in RTF Format, with a few PDF's and a few epubs. I have no DRM on anything.

I don't plan to buy any books from Amazon, just upload the ones I have. I have a few questions I was hoping this forum could help me with.

1) I have been advised on another thread that I can use Calibre to convert all my files to mobi. Is it that simple? Or is PRC better?

2) Do I just link the Kindle to Calibre as I do the Sony devices, and send to Device?

3) I assume I will have to upload the mobi version into Calibre so I will have two versions of the same book in Calibre, or do in remove the RTF/PDF/epub version, just leaving the mobi version in Calibre, and will the mobi version go on the Sony If i needed to reload the book onto my Sony?

I only have one PC so I only have one Calibre library.

I would also be grateful for any tips and advice anyone else can offer me please, as I want to start getting my library ready, I currently have nearly 800 books in it to convert.

Thanks very much

Josie
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote