View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:39 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Relationship between CC books and Kindle books on Fire tablets

Hi chaley,

I'm struggling a little to understand the relationship of book storage between the Kindle app and CC on my Fire tablet.

I've installed CC on the Fire and accepted the default storage location of:

/storage/emulated/0/Kindle

I've copied lots of books into CC and some (but not all) of these are also showing up on the "Downloaded" tab of the Kindle app.

I've opened a book in the Kindle app from CC (which works fine), but the book I've opened is NOT appearing in the "Downloaded" tab of the app (it doesn't appear at the top of the "Recent" sort order, as I'd expect, and a search doesn't find it.)

I could of course always open books from CC, but this always opens a book at the beginning, which is annoying if you have several books on the go.

So I'd welcome a little advice. What's the best way to open books? How do I have several books "on the go" and swich between them without losing my reading position? When I open a book from CC, should it appear in the "Recent" list of the Kindle app?

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote