View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
Frenzie
Fanatic
Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Regarding your first sentence, describing what is there is not a claim about what should be.

Note that scroll mode is a misnomer. It should probably be renamed to something like continuous. I use "scroll mode" as the default, but I seldom or never scroll. Conversely, you can still scroll in paged mode if a page is longer than the screen. As far as I'm concerned if you're scrolling (panning) you're doing it wrong, but to anyone reading: you do you.

The simple fact is that it would take several minutes to preprocess a PDF or DjVu, while doing it only one page at a time is speedy but also has some very real disadvantages. For one page at a time your choice is either a longer page or a page that'd look like the end of a chapter every few pages. I think a longer page is the lesser evil.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote