View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
6) Maybe COPS (Calibre OPDS PHP Server)? I don't know how to link it with Dropbox but it seems there are those that have done it. KOReader has built-in Dropbox support but it's a pain to navigate Calibre's folder structure via KOReader.

7) I have my KOReader library in /epub/ (/mnt/us/epub/ from the Kindle's point of view). I also have a /epub/_download/ directory for recent, unsorted or unprocessed books (e.g. downloads from Dropbox or Calibre OPDS content server).

Code:
epub/
  category/
    author/
      series 01 - title.epub

Calibre Save to disk/Send to device template:
{tags:sublist(0,1,\,)||/}{authors:sublist(0,1,&)||/}{series} {series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}
I keep a copy of the above structure in my Dropbox. Easier to navigate.

I'm also currently playing with disabling Calibre's Kindle device driver and using Connect to folder to transfer epub files instead. KOReader has Calibre catalog support which appears to read the "metadata.calibre" file created on the device/folder root when using send to device or update metadata cache.

KOReader also has Calibre wireless device support but I haven't tried that one yet (mainly because when I'm already in front of a PC, USB is available anyway).

11) KOReader is self-contained (KUAL launcher in /extensions/koreader/; app and settings in /koreader/) and is one of doesn't require reinstalling. Just need to back up the /koreader/ folder.

13) Yes.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote