View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 02:23 PM   #13
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
This is why I love this forum (and especially) Chaley. I learn all sorts of interesting things, and then my favorite program gets even better.

I hadn't thought of looking a large lists of books on the device because I do that kind of setup on my computer and then create Tags for later. I recognize that my way is the nerdy OCD method that might not appeal to everyone.

At first it seemed to me that browsing your entire library with the three level sort is skipping out on a lot of the capabilities of CC, but then I realized that that is similar to what I do on my computer in Calibre. I like it better on the big screen, but that's just my way.

Two comments:

1) As far as my requests go, I would be very happy with just the ability to attach a default sort type to each grouping method. That is probably the only thing on my list that meets the value vs effort test.

2) This is going to be very hard for you, but one thing that might be useful for people who do the Author/Series[Index]/Title three way sort would be to have a way to exclude all of the books from a series except the first one. That way if you were browsing through books looking for something to read, you would only see the standalone books or the first in the series. You don't really need to see the whole series just the first one as that is the one you will probably start with. I don't do this kind of sorting in CC, so this is an idea for Jackie and Chaley and other people who do.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote