View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
With the latest changes where all books suddenly had the same "Updated" date, it got me to thinking that I would love the option to sort books in the library by the "date added to CC." Any modifications to any metadata would always be ignored, and books would always show by the order they were added to the library. If a book was deleted in CC, and then got added back, it would go to the top of the list as any new book would.

While I think I would use this as my default sort most of the time, it wouldn't totally supplant the "Date Updated (CC)" sorting. I would still use that often to check that changes I make to books/metadata in Calibre on the PC had carried over correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post

We have had several requests to be able to reorder the items in book details. There is nothing particularly hard with producing the page in different orders. The hard part is specifying them. I think I would need something like the folders dialog where all of the fields are shown and the user can move them up and down.
If you do this, then it seems like it might be an easy step to put a check box next to each field so that the user can choose to hide certain ones from the details page? Like the custom metadata?

Great idea to have the wishlist thread!

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote