View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I remember finding it a hassle mounting system as r/w with ES File Explorer, too, when I was running from SD. Mounting system r/w to edit build.prop is pretty much the only job I still do with Root Explorer; it's simple, and seems to work every time. Otherwise I use File Expert, which is very similar to ES but a bit more polished.

However, you can also use the app LCD Density to temporarily change the density to 160. Use the restart setting "Killall" in the app and it will do a partial reboot to apply the change, after which you can wipe Market data, but the next time you reboot, dpi will revert to the value in build.prop (probably 161).

I already had to re-do the fix this morning, but that may be in part because I was rebooting repeatedly working on something else, and/or because I changed my dpi from 160 to 187 after the fix was applied. If you leave your dpi at 160 and the Market starts acting up again, just clearing Market data should take care of it.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote