View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #14
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Let's see...

I have my "active data" mirrored daily between two hard disks on my PC. Then there's the weekly copy to a hard disk in a USB bay attached to my router*, and the monthly backup of important changed files onto DVD-R. Plus the "deep storage" on hard disks of older stuff for archive, which I do every year or so onto two hard disks (I have a stack of 20GB hard disks I use for this, heh).

I've also been known to keep a copy of a lot of the important stuff on the laptop, and there's a bunch of irreplaceable stuff which I update every year or so on DVD-R which is held for me at my parents house.

And quite a bit of my work is stored online on wiki's anyway, which come with backups..

(*ASUS WL500g. They're nifty.)
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote