View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
What purpose do thumbnail images serve?

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question or not but, since I use epubs I'll ask it here.

I don't see it as much as I used to but I often still find ebooks that have a small thumbnail image included in the file. What purpose does this image serve? I can't say as I've ever found any hardware or software readers that actually use them. Are they some holdover from a bygone era that is no longer needed?

Just curious.

Thanks.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote