View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
Thanks for all the replies.
1st question, what is an OP? Operating person? Am I the OP?
David's tip didn't work sadly. Thanks anyway.
Mrs Often, good point. My husband has the same book on his touch and his doesn't work either.
The book is "Kill Alex Cross" by James Patterson. The link to it http://http://www.kobobooks.com/eboo...nBg/page1.html for Sharkus? I think the http// has entered twice.
Sharkus thank you so much for your enormous reply :-) It would be nice if my problem is a bug that will be fixed. I prefer to stay clear of the computer. The Digital Editions is on my husband's PC, we run an ISP and I don't touch that PC! I have a Mac and in my early days of e-reading there were difficulties with Mac so we ran DE from the PC. Historical reasons but that's how the way was paved! I usually manage fine using the web access to my Kobo Library from my Mac or iPad when needed. I purchase from the website and download to the app or sync to the touch.
Lastly the books misbehaviour from memory, it was last March I attempted to read it! Turning pages took me back to the start of a chapter or on a chapter. The table of contents didn't work, anything tapped took me to the start of the book. I do remember the first chapter, or 20 pages or so, was impossible on the Touch but worked on the iPad but then the book went back to the start or the end. I gave it up very early on in the book planning to download it again. I've given it quite a few tries and decided last night I needed the help of 'the wise'.
Thanks, Amanda
OP = Original Poster, so the person who started the thread. And yep, that's you in this case

Sounds like the book is definitely formatted incorrectly. Contacting help@kobobooks.com telling them about it should help get things started. Unfortunately it might be (probably is) the publisher's fault and not Kobo's, in which case all Kobo can do is pass the message along to the publisher and wait for them to get back to them with a newly formatted book. In the mean time Kobo might be able to give you a refund for the book.

As for the iPad thing, Sharkus will get you sorted with that as he's a developer of the iOS app (the Kobo app on your iPad)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote