View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm half thinking about jailbreaking it, so I can use the collections manager, but (I admit) I'm scared to try it. (I did try the USE_ALT_FONTS trick, and feel very smug with myself that it worked). I'm not a hardware geek or a software geek, and I'm terrified that I'll do something to mess up my device.
if you are thinking about jailbreaking, the very first thing is: do not let the Kindle update itself to the newest firmware.
To achieve this, do not switch WiFi on.

The current version of jailbreaking process does not work on the newest firmware 5.3.3

You need firmware 5.3.1 for jailbreak. You can install it manually.

After jailbreak you can use
Coolection manager
JBPatch
CoolReader3
and I believe many others in future.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote