View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #29
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
I seem to remember predicting the immense rise in ebook sales some years ago - maybe some of the book publishers should have hired me!
The growth will probably level off as sales start to reach a level of consumption that will sustain over a longer period - but p-books will continue to steadily decline over many years. Don't forget there was still a market for luxury bound books for many years after the advent of the paperback (and probably still is).
As for readers, I agree that reading on a larger tablet is uncomfortable, but the smaller 7" tablets are another thing. My Google Nexus 7 is about the same weight as my ereader. The e-ink ereader wins hands down in bright light and for long trips (low battery use is a big advantage!), but I often use the small tablet for reading in bed or in poor light when I am too lazy or tired to get a reading light. The e-ink screen is definitely better on my eyes and this type of reader never suffers from overheating (probably not an issue where you don't get 40degC days a lot!) Roll on colour e-ink tablets!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote