View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
^^ Great post (#7).

I am surprised at the statistic that reading has declined overall, even if it's a statistically insignificant decline. My household's consumption of books has at least trebled since we got into ebooks, though we hardly buy anything printed on paper these days. This Christmas seemed to show that the same holds true for the rest of my family.
The reduction is in the percentage of readers not the amount of reading being done. As in, older readers die and the number of yousters picking up the habit is less than the ones that die.

But the percentage drop measured is lower than the accuracy of the poll so the reduction might not be a reflection of reality, just a fluctuation in the sample of people polled. So nothing significant can or should be read into that even though a lot of sources have been taking the numbers at face value.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote