View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #379
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Beta for 1.5.8 release

@greeniron (and others welcome please) - give the attached version of the plugin a go. On startup it will "fix" your corrupted configuration file. You might find that the names your settings have don't reflect values that you have renamed them to after they were first created - just use the rename operation again on them and hopefully this time they won't get messed up.

As I mentioned above a very old version of the plugin did have a bug which could create this situation your config file is in, where the wrong setting would get overwritten. I thought I had fixed this in 1.5.0 - either I fixed the cause but not the corrupted files themselves, or there is still a bug in there.

I have added an ongoing check in there which will run every time you open the Generate Cover dialog. It will revalidate your configuration file, fix any errors and then display a big error dialog if any were found. Hopefully no-one ever sees this. If they do, then it means there is still a bug in the plugin somewhere, in which case please report your exact clicks and actions you had made in the Generate Cover dialog last time you opened it. Even better, please try them yourself again to verify you can replicate it *before* you post on this thread.

Let me know if any issues found (or if you find an ongoing corruption scenario) and I will officially release in the next day or so.

Last edited by kiwidude; 12-09-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Removed attachment as officially released
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote