View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #56
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by setite View Post
So is data.tar.gz only for Touch? Or is it for PW too? I used data.stgz and the JB seemed to work on my PW. I saw the JB logo, which didn't fit the screen, and I have the JB PDOC.

EDIT: NVM that, I figured that out. Has anyone tried anything on the PW yet? I would like to use the following so I can start managing my Kindle Collections better. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171132
data.tar.gz is for 5.0.x firmware. 5.1.x and 5.2.0 use data.stgz.

As far as I know, the only update package for the Paperwhite (so far) is "simple USBNet", which you can download at the first post. Hacks that install using the "RUNME.sh" method do not need to be "repackaged". Some K5 hacks might not work on the PW without some modification.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-06-2012 at 09:42 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote